Sunday, May 9, 2010

Everything is Temporary

Seems like the simplest thing. Kim Eng said to me, on a retreat, "All your baby needs is for you to radiate love, peace, and acceptance". That was SOOO not a problem when all she did was nurse, poop, and sleep sweetly on me.
Today while I was trying to wrestle her into her jammies while she pooped in her nighttime diaper for the 3rd time and the poop was on her jammies and I didn't have spare ones so I got her all cleaned and it was just one of those "I CAN'T" mommy moments at the end of the day... It is hard to remember to accept the moment. You don't have to LIKE the moment, or wish the moment would go on, you just have to ACCEPT that THIS IS the moment, and it's a temporary moment. When that flashed in my mind, I was able to breathe. Once you can breathe, the rest is history. I was still annoyed at struggling with too-small poopy wet jammies and running out of nighttime diapers and jerry-rigging her whole night thing, but the annoyance was remote. Unimportant.
Everything is temporary. She's sleeping sweetly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment