Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday is the Day of Giving...

     Remember Monday? The day of giving, as per this post:  Monday is the Day of Giving and as per Deepak Chopra's wonderful little parent-sized book, The Seven Spiritual Laws for Parenting.  I love the simplicity and repetition of assigning each day of the week a spiritual theme.  It helps me to depart from raising a child in an organized religion - one of the appeals is the organization part, isn't it?  Sunday is church and Sunday School.  Saturday night is youth group.  The religious practices have an order and a time set aside for them.  Trying to raise a child with spiritual practice often falls apart for me because there is no time set aside for it.  It's an all-the-time effort, but I do think my child needs some rules, repetition, and special time set aside for spiritual practice at her level.
    Which brings us back to Monday.  This morning, she shared her precious Bink with her dollies and her Elmo stuffed animal.  We made a big deal of that!  She gave some of her snack to a friend at school.  These are the small things that I hope will help her learn how wonderful giving feels, how happy it makes others.
    Now, if I could only remember what TUESDAY's theme is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment