Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Challenge: Holding Space

Here is a beautiful summary of a skill that would make the world a better place!  Click here for a relaxing read:


How can you be the holding space for yourself this week? For one other person?

For myself, I can try to stop the thoughts about my inadequacy, about being unable to give 100% to work, daughter, husband, mom and dad, and sister and friends, 100% of the time.  Instead, I can let those thoughts reside in a space of non-judgement.

For one other person, I can be the holding space for my sister.  She is an amazing young woman with lots of ideas and lots going on as a recent college grad, and sometimes I still give unsolicited advice or chime in with my "elder's experience".  Who needs that?  (Hi, Aunt Doo Doo).

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment