Sunday, July 10, 2011

Community

     In many religious traditions, devotees or monks practice solitude and aestheticism to eliminate worldly distractions and deepen faith and understanding.  On a personal daily level, I find that if I have daily solitude, I'm happier, more connected, and more available and open.
     This weekend I spend 24 blissed out hours with my beautiful, glowing, radiant, present dance community who are all so radically different from one another but are woven together by the common thread of dance, and before that, they are all women who seek and deeply drink the marrow of life.
     If you haven't spend time with your community recently, find them, invite them, go to them, do whatever you have to do to surround yourself with the inspiring energy of your deepest community.

2 comments:

  1. yes!! love! thank you so much for having all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a pleasure for y'all to grace our home with your beauty and energy!

    ReplyDelete