Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Spiritual Diet

     One huge obstacle for me (and pretty much everyone I know) is.. that extra 10/20/30 whatever... POUNDS.  If I lost the baby weight, I'd be happier.  If I lost the baby weight, I'd feel better.  If I lost the baby weight, if I lost the baby weight... 
    
     Is that true?   Byron Katie  asks us to do "the work" - a short process of inquiry designed to liberate us from obstacles, beliefs, and blocks that hold us back (and doesn't she have the most peaceful website you've ever seen?) Let's try it!!  Choose a belief and ask yourself:

Step 1 Is it true?

Step 2 Can you absolutely know that it's true?

Step 3 How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought? 

 Who would you be without the thought?

Turn around the concept you are questioning, and be sure to find at least three genuine, specific examples of each turnaround.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!  

No comments:

Post a Comment