Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Meaning in the Middle of the Night?

Hey pregnant ladies, have you heard this one? It's 12:45am. You actually fell asleep, comfortably despite 35 weeks of pregnancy. And for no reason, it's Baby Dance Party time! I'm wide awake, I've left my snoozing husband to a peaceful night of sleep, and I'm brainstorming ways that this more-and-more common middle of the night QT with unborn baby can be a meaningful time.
First, remember all those plastic packaging baggies from a couple posts ago? I found a great use for them - I put all the little "footsie" socks - or not-socks - in one of them, all the random bra straps (clear, crossover, etc) in another - I've clearly displayed things that are floating around randomly in the sock and underwear drawers. Fewer bags in the landfill, and I feel a tiny bit more connected with the universe. Choices we make, choices we make, conscious or unconscious.
Secondly, I can't let the baby kick and stretch without putting my hand on my belly. I think I always want her to know there is someone out here who loves her and who responds to her. Maybe that is the greatest meaning I can draw from this insomniac period of the night - to just "be" with the baby, both of us having no expectations, just being together, and as for me, I am marveling that Life has taken the form of this tiny little girl baby inside of me. What an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment