Saturday, August 22, 2009

Who we "are"

We "are" a married couple in our 30's, and have been married for four years. We're expecting our first little one, Miss Bink, next month. We are pretty much anyone you meet or talk to at a party, so you probably know us already. We're a physical therapist (him) and a behavior analyst (me), and both love our work.
My "other" work consists of trying to walk through the world in a way that is meaningful in the now. Sometimes my husband is dragged along on this quest, sometimes he steers the ship, and sometimes his work drains him so much that he's lucky to eat.
We moved a number of times in the last 2 years, some voluntary, some forced (BEDBUGS!!) and each time we have learned, over and over, how insignificant our life situation is. WHERE we live, WHAT we live in, THINGS we have - each time we lose a little more of the trappings, we gain an appreciation for light living. Lately I am inspired by this blog: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/hyggehouse. As we gear up to have the baby (talk about trappings!), and eventually have our own apartment, the idea of truly only having things we love and creating a home that is meaningful appeals to me more and more and more. Especially not having plastic toys assembled by children in another country littering my house. If we left it up to my husband, we'd be down to hobo sacks. And I think that is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment