Saturday, August 29, 2009

Taking It For Granted

We all do this, right? When we're as sick as a dog, "I'll never take feeling well for granted again..."

4 days of blogging about my connection with the universe, a few deep successes, and I'm all systems go? Sadly, the whole thing has tanked with my raging hormones, sleep deprivation, and lack of eco-friendly baby wear choices. Numerous new baby outfits sit beside me, none organic cotton, probably all treated w/ formaldehyde, and not even a one of the on sale. It's too frustrating. Babies R Us informed me they aren't getting in any more organic stuff into the store. For pete's sake, I give up.

I've been awake for hours, every night, completely unable to fall asleep, terrified to experience the Four Charlie Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I can't wait to compare those to contractions; I think the contractions will come out the winners. Am I productive, spiritual, or anything but cranky during these hours of insomnia. No. Just wretched.

Have I given 1 person my undivided, in the moment attention? No.
I did buy lanolin-free nipple cream. Doesn't that count for something?

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment