Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Challenge: Spiritual Quick Fix

Solution: "Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world. You are withholding it because deep down you think you are small and that you have nothing to give. Try this for a couple of weeks and see how it changes your reality: Whatever you think people are withholding from you - praise, appreciation, assistance, loving care, and so on - give it to them. You don't have it? Just act as if you had it, and it will come." -Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

The old "Do unto others..." golden rule, reframed. How hard can this be, for a couple weeks? Of course, I'd like to see them withhold the epidural from me... other than that, I can see a lot of instances in the past where this was applicable. When I was a manager and didn't feel my staff respected me, I'm pretty sure I didn't respect them either. When I have felt like I wasn't getting my fair share of my husband's attention compared to his job, I'm pretty sure I wasn't giving him his fair share either.

Giving gifts of spirit is an easy thing to do and might be the quick fix I need to get through the next couple weeks, where the pregnancy will be taking over my life and it is hard to stay present and conscious. I can, however, stay abundant.

What are your experiences with doing unto others?

No comments:

Post a Comment