Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pockets

Today I was waiting at the doctor's office, on the table, probably about 20 minutes. I checked my email in my phone. I responded to some texts. Then I threw the phone over on the chair and tried to just... be. Tried to take the sheer joy of being alive as all the activity I need. Not anticipating the doctor, the next email, getting to work late... just being alive. With this other little life inside me also (who, incidentally, has the fattest cheeks to ever grace this planet and last we checked in, was chomping on her own arm).

It's not easy being here now. Especially being here, now, sleep deprived, hormonal, impatient, and uncomfortable.

The beauty was returning to the breath. After a few false starts and a few deep, cleansing breaths, the wonder and awe of being came back to me.

Then I called into work late.

No comments:

Post a Comment