Monday, March 7, 2011

Goodbye, Facebook

     If you haven't picked up The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, grab it!  It's a lovely little pragmatic year's journey into happiness by someone who was mostly happy... but not happy enough given all the blessings in her life.  Reading it made me nearly suffocate with all her tiny resolutions, and how they must have added up to one huge project that would have made me well, miserable... but I took away one big message: Don't waste my time on things that bring mediocre happiness.  So, I deactivated my Facebook account.  Maybe I'm going to be socially disconnected.  Maybe I'm going to miss knowing every time a "friend" gets a job, loses a job, has a bad day, has a good day, goes down a steep escalator, sees a funny sign, posts a picture of their child (OK, I will really miss the pics of my friends babies)... Since I don't know what I don't know, I think we'll all survive without my virtual presence.
    Which brings me to... back to... the blog.  Back to the pursuit of meaning, spirituality, connectedness in all things living... in this tiny microcosm I dwell in.  Hi  blog, I missed you.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment