Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thursday Challenge

     It's the end of the week.  Clocks don't really tick-tock anymore, but if they did, each tick and tock would bring you closer to the weekend.  The future is near! Freedom!  Hour after hour of not having to listen to The Man! or the Woman!  I know that as much as I may enjoy my work, by Thursday I am so ready to spend every minute drinking in my daughter and all her new developments.
     My challenge for myself tomorrow: Bring more into alignment the contrast between weekend and weekday.  If my spiritual practices were taking hold, wouldn't it be harder to differentiate work from play? Wouldn't I be deeply drinking in every minute of my time with other people's children too?  Wouldn't I feel the same sense of fulfillment on Thursday as I do on Saturday?
    I'd like not to be counting the seconds!  Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment