Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Little Sponge


     I explained to my little one, 2 years old, how a flower starts like so, then opens its petals like so, and blossoms into a big beautiful flower.  I folded my hands and slowly unfurled my fingers to show her.  She folded her hands and slowly unfurled her fingers so she could understand.  "Like this, Mama?"  and her tiny fingers blossomed into a toddler flower.

    Like this, baby.  Take a deep breath in the face of hardship.  Fold your hands into the cosmic mundra when you feel all alone.  Be brave.  Stand up for what you believe in.  Do it with compassion.  Be kind.  Keep your heart and eyes open; keep your third eye honed in on the world immediately around you.  Hold on to the beautiful energy radar you possess right now; never give it over in favor of wanting to please people.  Wear your monster jammies no matter ow much they tell you girls should wear pink.  Say thank you.  Mean it.  Be still, often, and listen.  Say "hello" to the moon every night.  Marvel at the stars.  Pause between actions, relish your life.  Be giving.  Be grateful.  You are worthy.

    See the human in all humans, even and especially ones you consider enemies.  See the life in all things, in the plant that's made of the same stuff tat you are.  Stay small, stay new.  Grow huge, be unstoppable. Believe that you can.  You can.  You already have.

     Like that, love.

6 comments:

  1. J,
    Where are you coming up with all this insight?? I need to spend more time with you and glean some for myself! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Kris, if you close your eyes and let the words come, you know exactly what you want for your beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, I think your daughter is blessed to have such a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, we're both blessed, lol. Sometimes, it's an epic battle of wills around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;) Me too Becky, me too. IT was an eternal ancient Mama Goddess who wrote it. I just closed my eyes and let the words through. You can tell - it's not my usual style.

    ReplyDelete