Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's BIG! It's SOOO BIG!


   All this marrow business... did I ever tell you how it came about?  Pull up a chair... or a gardening kneeler.. HEE HEE!  (I am so GIDDY about gardening analogies right now... stay tuned for a couple weeks and you'll know why!)

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms.” -Henry David Thoreau

     I'll never forget being hit between the eyes with "DELIBERATELY" and "SUCK OUT ALL THE MARROW OF LIFE" when I first heard that quotation.   How powerfully "And not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" resonated in my very own marrow and stayed there through thick and thin, creating an overarching umbrella of protection.  Under the umbrella is forgiveness, not sweating the small stuff, being present, living respectfully on the earth... all these small acts that add up to deliberate, meaningful living.  

     That's what brought me to this blog... from trying to find new uses for yogurt containers rather than filling up landfills, to struggling through postpartum depression while trying to keep everything in perspective, to parenting mindfully, to living our best lives... this is all the marrow.  Dancing with the dishes.  Candlelit shower.  Electric Connections.

    It doesn't feel big enough.  Still all around me is petty drama, he-said she-saids, hyper amounts of energy all focused on .... dare I say... meaningless things? That's my judgement, and it's judge-y, but I mean it lovingly because gorgeous creatures and humans on the earth, I want you to feel the freedom I feel!  The glory of living in marrow, of bringing glitter and love and light to other people...

    With that, I'm moving BIG!  In the next few months, I'm preparing to launch a fabulous website aimed at nurturing one another... AT WORK! 
   There, I said it.  So much time... we are at work all the time, including our work as mommies and daddies, and friends and wives and husbands and daughters... and as secretaries and CEOs and waitresses and landscapers.... I had the BIG BANG of ideas about work and nurturing... so keep tuned to me... beautiful things are about to GROW (HEE HEE... more gardening analogies..)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you've come up with, JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH thanks Lee! It's about turning our spirituality inside out and using it for good.. at WORK!! GASP! Or something like that... we'll see. I'm completely exhausted after straight days of learning how to launch a website!

    ReplyDelete