Friday, January 20, 2012

Bad, Bad, Energy

Emotional Trash
   
    It's not uncommon - I'm sitting peacefully at Starbucks or somewhere between clients, daydreaming over a latte, or working on a project, and into my happy place creeps... bad energy.  Not mine.  Someone else's. I will start to hear people bitching and moaning about their jobs, or a customer complaining adamantly about something like coffee... and my own energy field shifts like WAM BOOM.  As soon as it creeps in, I can't get rid of it and I start to see it, hear it everywhere like that kid in Sixth Sense.  And sure enough, to the tune of "Bad Medicine," the next thing I know I have "Bad, bad, energy" stuck in my head and my day is completely ruined until I find an equally bad 80's tune to replace the song worm.  Also, if I hold my fingers in my hears and shout "amazing grace" at warp speed, I can usually get rid of the song worm.

    I digress.  When I visualize my peaceful energy field, it's soft.  It isn't a powerful bubble shield, like the iron wall that is a amniotic sac.  It's more like a simple soap bubble, easily popped (but so, so rainbow pretty when it's around!)  Other people's energy enters me easily, and I tend to have trouble shaking it.  I used to have a hard time managing at parties or around more than 2-3 people at one time because I couldn't sort through everyone's vibes at one time; it was like trying to attend to a conversation when 4 other secret conversations were also going on.  Mind chatter - mine? theirs?

     I have learned to manage in a crowd through presence, giving my complete all to the person I'm with at the moment seems to lift me out of the clutter.  I'm still learning how to hold space for strangers whose energy is stronger than mine.  I picture it like a big public game of pokemon.

     What's your strategy?  How does your paper beat rock?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment