Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ever have those days?

Oops.
     Ever have that day when you try, you really try!?  I tried to balance quantity with quality: being inside with the family all day because of a snowstorm; writing in my Goddess Guide 2012; create fun snow day stuff for my darling girl; clean out the bedroom closet; run the laundry; organize myself to start my new job on Monday; relish a family nap; play in the snow; finish my e-course; learn to use the e-course website.

     Oops.  Looking back, I set myself up for failure there, didn't I?  I woke up full of ambition and when my husband had to spend most of the day shoveling us (and the neighbors) out... plans went to hell in a handcart and I couldn't seem to recover.  I spent the day seeking that little window of solitude and realistically, it wasn't going to happen.  I made myself suffer and started telling the old stories of blame ("If he would stop shoveling out all the neighbors, I could have a moment to write my e-course") and of my small life ("All I do is clean and take care of the baby...").  In truth, I love my husband for helping the neighbors, and I actually have a lot of time to myself usually.  "The Story" loves to find a chink in the spiritual armor, a low moment, and leap in to make sweet love to The Ego.  They attach themselves to each other like a clique of Mean Girls and eat your brains like Mean Girl Zombies!

     What's a Mama to do?  Go with the flow? Abandon daily goals when the wind is blowing the other way?  Just start drinking? Search the soul to see if any of the tiny Little Me voice has a grain of truth to it?  Bitchslap the Ego and send it packing?  

     Well, this Mama fought the flow, cursed a lot, slammed a door, and finally got over it enough to put the baby to bed in a peaceful, present, happy way.  All in all, we had some fun, made hot chocolate, played in the snow, mashed together some stickers and glue stick, built a fort, and watched Winnie the Pooh.  I'd say from her perspective, probably a successful day.  I managed a candlelight shower and a long nap with the whole family.  From Mama's perspective, I quote the ever-tenacious Scarlett O'Hara... "Tomorrow is another day".

     

No comments:

Post a Comment